Feb 27, 2010

Learning Leader Golden Rule

After reading Derek Wenmoth's, Leading Learning in a Digital World, I added the comment below:

Maybe this is implied in the statement "the capability to envision view of desired future organization state," but I think that the leaders, whether they be teachers or administrators, need to envision the desired future learning state in addition to the organizational state. That future learning state needs to be put into practice by the leaders amongst themselves and their colleagues as well as thoughtfully adapted over time and context for those leaders to truly model for others. The golden rule of learning leaders should be to do yourself that which you would have others do.

I should have been a little clearer in that I meant colleagues AND their students when I said "others."

No comments: